Mandalay Bay Owners Sue Victims of Vegas Shooting

Mandalay Bay Owners Sue Victims of Vegas Shooting 

Posted: 3:53 pm Tuesday, July 17th, 2018

By AJ Maguire

The Las Vegas-Review Journal reports that the owners of the Mandalay Bay casino, MGM, are suing more than 1,000 victims of last year’s violent tragedy at the Route 91 Harvest Festival, claiming that the corporation has no liability for the biggest mass shooting in American history, which claimed 58 lives and injured more than 800 country music fans. Las Vegas lawyer Robert Eglet says the maneuver is simply intended to get the case heard in federal court instead of at the state level. “I’ve never seen a more outrageous thing, where they sue the victims in an effort to find a judge they like,” he said. “It’s just really sad that they would stoop to this level.” Eglet adds that the ploy is a “blatant display of judge shopping” that “quite frankly verges on unethical.”

Mandalay Bay owners sue victims of Las Vegas shooting: https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/mandalay-bay-owners-sue-victims-of-las-vegas-mass-shooting/

Lawsuits claim MGM has no liability to Las Vegas shooting victims – Las Vegas Review-Journal: https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/homicides/lawsuits-claim-mgm-has-no-liability-to-las-vegas-shooting-victims/

0 comments