Man Dies From Vape Pen Explosion 

Posted: 6:40 am Thursday, May 17th, 2018

By MelissaOnK923

A 38-year-old Florida man died after being hit by shrapnel and severely burned when his vape pen exploded in his St. Petersburg home on May 5. People reports that Tallmadge Wakeman D’Elia was hit so forcefully by part of the exploding e-cigarette that it penetrated his skull and brain. He was in his upstairs bedroom when the explosion occurred and suffered burns to 80 percent of his body. According to The Washington Post, there were at least 195 cases in which electronic cigarettes exploded or caught fire from 2009 to 2016. However, this is the first known death in the United States caused by a vape pen.

0 comments